Born in New Orleans, Hamm spent his childhood and youth in Champaign, Illinois, where he studied bass and piano. He attended the Berklee College of Music in Boston, where he met guitarist Steve Vai and, through Vai, was introduced to Joe Satriani. This meeting and following introduction led Hamm to perform and record with legendary guitarists including Steve Vai, Frank Gambale and Joe Satriani and bring his unmatched bass playing skills to national attention. Subsequent recordings with Satriani and other rock/fusion artists, along with the release of his own solo recordings further solidified his reputation as an extraordinary bassist and performer.
The Stu Hamm Series is the product of many long hours of Washburn working hand in hand with Stu to design the perfect bass. Sculpted to Hamm's exact specifications, these basses are the perfect blend of art & technology and the epitome of what a great bass can be.
- Stu Hamm Signature Model
- Double cutaway electric bass
- Swamp Ash body
- Bolt on maple neck with Radial Neck Joint
- Rosewood fingerboard
- 34" scale
- Nut width: 41mm
- 24 frets
- Exclusive EMG X series Stu Hamm pickups
- Volume, tone controls
- Black Hipshot bass bridge
- Black Hipshot Lollipop style tuners
- Case: GCSH, Included* (*USA only. Not available in every part of the world, check with your local distributor.)
- Color: Black Matte, Metallic Red