Kenneth "Jethro" Burns
As half of the famous musical/comedy duo, Homer & Jethro, Jethro Burns was considered the greatest mandolin player of his time. He was known as "The Legend", "Mr. Mandolin" and the "World's Greatest Mandolin Player", influencing countless players including David Grisman, Sam Bush, and Chris Thile. Washburn collaborated with Jethro on his signature mandolin and our top of the line, the M6SW Jethro Burns model. The pairing resulted in an innovative and stunning Florentine style mandolin with improved playability and tone.
Washburn has been building mandolins since the late 1800s. Whether you're a bluegrass, Celtic or rock player, see how the addition of a mandolin can broaden your sonic pallet and add a new dimension to your music. For traditionalists, you'll find all the tone & projection you'd expect from our world class instruments.
- Florentine cutaway design
- Carved AAA Solid Spruce top
- Book matched carved solid AAA flamed maple back and sides
- Rope purfling on the top edge.
- Maple neck
- Ebony fingerboard
- 13.75" scale
- Nut width: 28mm
- Stained/buffed gloss finish
- Ebony bridge
- Custom Allen style tailpiece
- 4 inline open gear gold tuning machines
- Case: MC92 Included* (*USA only. Not available in every part of the world, check with your local distributor.)
- Colors: Vintage Burst