The Washburn N4 Authentic is an exact replica of Nuno Bettencourt's iconic N4 guitar. It has been painstakingly recreated in the USA Custom shop from Nuno's original N4 by Washburn's master luthiers and replicates every dent, ding, story, and nuance of personality contained in his guitar.
The Washburn N4 has been inseparably associated with Nuno Bettencourt since its 1990 introduction. For fans of Nuno, the N4 Authentic is as close to having Nuno's actual guitar in hand as you can get. Impeccable attention to detail has been paid right down to the 2 replacement tuners Nuno added and the EVH D-Tuna on the Floyd Rose.
The N4 Authentic is made in the Washburn USA Custom Shop and features an alder body with a Seymour Duncan® '59 neck pickup and Bill Lawrence® L-500 bridge pick-up complemented by a Floyd Rose® bridge & locking nut system with a D-Tuna for instant drop from E to D tuning. The original 4 Gotoh tuners are augmented by a newer Gotoh and a Grover® 18:1 tuner, exactly as it is on Nuno's guitar. One of the hallmarks of the N4 is the Stephens Extended Cutaway on the maple neck which allows for unprecedented upper fret access. An ebony fretboard with dot inlays makes for silky smooth comfort and playability. The Buzz Feiten Tuning System allows for perfect musical intonation at every point on the neck. The stripped down control layout features a 3 way pickup selector and 1 volume control.
- Built in the USA Custom Shop
- Aged solid alder body
- Aged hardware
- 22 fret maple neck with ebony fingerboard
- L500 Bill Lawrence™ bridge pickup
- Seymour Duncan® '59 neck pickup
- Original Floyd Rose® tremolo with EVH D-Tuna
- 25.5" scale
- Stephens® extended cutaway 5-bolt neck joint
- 14" pitch-angled reverse headstock
- 4 Gotoh® tuners, 1 newer Gotoh® tuner and 1 Grover® 18:1 tuner
- Buzz Feiten Tuning System™
- Case: GCN4 included* (*USA only. Not available in every part of the world, check with your local distributor.)
- Colors: Vintage Matte